Since I’m an advocate for the Law of Attraction, it’s only fair I tell you why, right?
I’ve been using the Law of Attraction for as long as I can remember. When I was very young, I somehow instinctively always told myself that I would always get what I want. I was not a spoiled child, I just believed that if I really wanted something, there was just no possible way I wouldn’t get it. And thus, whenever I really really wanted something, I got it.
I did it instinctively at first: what I deeply desired, I got. When I was younger, this mainly applied to (nerdy) toys, but when I got older I started to attract other things I really wanted. It’s important to state that this wasn’t always the best thing to do: Sometimes you want things that aren’t good for you. When you get them, that’s great at first, but it sucks later on. Sometimes what you want is not what you need. I learnt that the hard way. But that doesn’t mean the Law of Attraction wasn’t my ally, I just didn’t know to use it well. Now I’m a little older I understand it better. Which leads to less fucking up on my part – True story.
- I decided for myself “I want to take healthier lunches to work.” That very afternoon, my dad buys me a salad shaker.
- I wanted to make a little more money: an extra assignment at my current job opened up.
- My ginger supply ran low and I wanted to get more after visiting my grandma. “Sweetie, do you use ginger in your juicer by any chance?” Her exact words. My grandma, who never uses ginger, ever, had accidentally bought too much for a recipe she had tried. She gave me a ziplock bag full of ginger when I left.
- I declared I was a writer, out loud, to other people. A few weeks later, Girlscene publishes my article and I am asked to join Team Evolyfe.
Songs on the radio
- This is going to sound insane to a lot of you, but I have this thing where I think of a song I really want to hear. Then I just let that thought go and focus on my driving, occasionally switching radio channels. Next thing you know, I accidentally tune into that song starting on a random radio channel.
- This is probably my favorite one, just because it is so eerie. I always start craving Red Bull when I’m at a party, and whereas I have had the luck my boyfriend or a friend goes and gets it for me, it went a little further once. I was with Lin at a festival and said: “God, I really want a Red Bull.” Unfortunately they were 1,5 coins, and we were the half coin short for a can. “We can go get more,” Lin offered. “Nah,” I said and kept dancing. Less than a minute later Lin looks down at her feet…and there’s half a ticket.