Hello, and welcome to a new episode! I talk about my skitrip, we rant and rave about the Kardashians and we discuss self reflection, reinventing yourself and Andrew’s new project!
TLDL (too long didn’t listen); Our favorites are (and will forever be) Self Development For Smart People by Steve Pavlina and Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy.
One of the worst books is probably the Secret, although a) at one point in my life I did love it and b) marketing-wise that one was nuclear.
Another point we make is that sometimes it’s not the book, it’s you. I have picked up books and threw them in a corner after a few chapters, while if I come back to it a couple of months later I actually really like it.
BOOK OF THE MONTH:
Reinvent Yourself by James Altucher. BUY IT, THE KINDLE VERSION IS LITERALLY 2.20$ ON AMAZON.
James Altucher also has a podcast (Andrew considers it the Podcast of all podcasts!) and I love his writing style.
POP CULTURE PLEASURES
- I refer to this quote in the chapter on Scheduling Inspiration of ‘How to be a Bawse’ and relentlessly doing, reading, watching and browsing what gives you joy.
- We also discuss Dutch pop music, that seems to be at a high point at the moment. Faves include songs like Ik Heb Je Door and Oesters & Champagne.
- Hot New Pop Tracks is Andrew & I’s favorite playlist at the moment.
- Andrew’s: In the previous episode he talked about his obsession with Urban Van Dwelling, and now he bought a van! It’s gonna be the WorkLifeStudio Van and he’s gonna tour with it!
- Mine: A weird phenomenon called “WHERE IS THE FUCKING AIRPORT” on MapCrunch. Tumblr post here. I’ve tried playing it and it’s absolutely impossible.
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott. I had just received the press release for the Dutch version and Drew and I will read the original version. The Dutch version is coming, but the English one is available as an ebook for 16.00* on Bol.com but yay Amazon, yay Kindle, I got it here* for 13.79$.
Thank you for listening! Also, if you want to read some of my new stuff, I published a pay-what-you-can ebook last week, you can find it here. Cheers!
*Affiliate links, meaning we get 1-3% when you buy something!