Review of Gabrielle Bernstein’s Miracles Now. Read on for the verdict.
Discovery: A couple of weeks ago I got an email from….Hay House UK.
Hay House UK. For those of you who don’t know, Hay House is THE ultimate publisher of self help and spirituality books, founded by THE Louise Hay, the woman wrote one of THE biggest self help books ever called ‘You Can Heal Your Life.’
Man, that’s a lot of THEs. Guess I’m really excited.
Anyway, they emailed me wanting to know if I would write about one of their events called Ignite: You Can Do It, a weekend in London where a whole bunch of spirituality and self help experts are going to talk and inspire the attendees.
They asked me if I would write about it in exchange for a give away. I asked them I could do it for a book review and a give away, and that’s how I received Gabrielle Bernstein’s Miracles Now in the mail only 4 days after it was printed in the UK. And that’s why I could write a review: Miracles Now by Gabrielle Bernstein.
I like Gabrielle Bernstein’s and her books (and nearly fainted when she mentioned me a tweet that one time a million years ago.) I’ve written a review about both Spirit Junkie and Add More ~Ing To Your Life. I’m not always in the mood for them, which is why I still need to start on May Cause Miracles, but I enjoy rereading the first two every once in a while.
Subject: Gabby collected 108 simple techniques that help you feel better, become more calm, (re)connect with your soul (or Spirit, or God, whatever you’re into), make better choices and be better in work, your finances and your relationships.
Kookiness (1-10): 5. Not because I personally think it’s all that kooky, but other people might feel that way about the topics. The book features meditation exercises, Kundalini yoga exercises, talks about energy and our connection to your Self, the Universe, Spirit as Gabby calls it.
I personally don’t think that’s all that woo-woo, because a) Gabrielle’s writing is so chill and b) I have Facebook friends who keep posting about aliens and different dimensions. Everything looks normal in comparison to that.
The only thing I remain skeptical about is EFT or ‘tapping’ and I personally am not very into God-and-prayer-talk. However, the term God only pops up a few times throughout the book and Gabby doesn’t claim the tapping cures everything, so I’m good.
Favorite Quotes: Um, yes, hi, the book is filled with ALL the nail-hitting truths and beautiful quotes. I’ll show you a few.
At the end of every single one of the 108 little chapters there’s an uplifting or inspirational quote as well, designed specifically for the e-book: It lets you share it directly on Facebook and Twitter. I thought you could also share quotes without all that fancy advanced technology behind it, but I guess it’s a pretty cool e-book option.
- “Simple right actions towards self support can greatly change your attitude and experience.”
- “Making the simple shift from a powerless person to a powerless victim to a strong person who can care for yourself can change your life forever.”
- “Each small attack, from a negative thought about ourselves to a cold comment towards another person, adds up.”
- “Our ego is a shrewd eraser of the truth behind why we make positive change. That’s why it’s so easy to fall back in old behaviors.”
- “Make decisions from a place of intuition and power.”
- “Get honest about your practice and know that it’s never to late to recommit.”
- “Simply giving off a certain energy will attract more of that energy into your life.”
- “Stop waiting for something major to happen – Just show up for change.”
Self Help Hipster’s Stamp of Approval: Oh yes, absolutely. It was a while since I read a really good self help book that I actually felt have an effect of me. I experienced a major positive energy boost during reading this book, I have high lighted so many things in the book, and I made a ton of notes. I think you too can find a lot of positive material in this book that you can learn from, and there is always something that applies to how you might feel at that moment.
You should read this book if…
- You enjoyed Spirit Junkie and Add More ~Ing To Your Life by the same author.
- You like Gabrielle Bernstein’s style in general
- You want to read about a variety about topics that have to do with personal growth and spirituality
- You want to know more about different meditation techniques and Kundalini yoga postures
- You like short essays that are likely to educate you, inspire you or uplift you
GIVE AWAY TIME I get to give away 5 copies of Gabrielle’s Miracles Now!
Do you want to win a copy of Gabby’s book?!?! Here’s what you do!!!!!!!!!
– Subscribe to me on ALL the social media accounts that have EVER existed, including MySpace, Cu2 and the MyLittlePony Website
– Share this blog on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, your monthly family news letter, the mailing list of your highschool reunion and all the Whatsapp groups you’ve ever been, including that really awkward one.
– In the comments below, tell me a story about how your pet lady bug died and you could really use a pick me up.
– Sacrifice 21 sugar cubes and 2 of your darkest secrets to one of these awesome Greek monsters in your backyard.
Just fucking say “I want one” in the comments down below. Easy as 3.14. Telling me I’m awesome is allowed but optional. I will choose 5 winners and email these lucky babes next Wednesday (the 26th.) See you later.
EDIT Give away is now officially closed, the lucky babes have been emailed.