I am pretty much a Self Help Jukebox. Throw in a cute compliment and I will pop out your request sooner or later. Admittedly, mostly later but that’s just because sometimes I need to let things stir for a little bit.
In this article where I wrote about training yourself to work with your own thoughts I recommended
“Starting like you’re stupid. At first, use short, general sentences and catch phrases to have bouncing in your head for a while. They work great. I know it sounds silly but they are easy to remember, easy to repeat and can completely change the general tone in your head! Some easy ones are “I expect miracles”, “I’m positive and happy”, “I make my life ridiculously amazing” and “I’m awesome.”
Reader Elise asked me for a list of good mental catchphrases, so I made a whole bunch up. Some of these I actually think A LOT, and I know that some of the other phrases work really well for other people. Observe.
- I trust myself
- I am my own champion.
- Love wins.
- I am becoming exactly what I should be.
- I expect miracles.
- I believe in the good.
- Awesome stuff happens all the time!
- Greetings to she who I am becoming and with great respect I honor my heart (yoga term I believe)
- I am positive. (Bit of a no-brainer there)
- I’m having the best time!
- Good things are on their way.
- I love [enter thing you love]
- I have faith in myself/the Universe.
- I love my life.
- I am brilliant.
- I decide I am going to have the best day ever today.
- I expect greatness.
- I am a happy camper.
- I go with the flow.
- Something fun is going to happen to me today!
- I am the captain of my soul.
- Today I am going to have fun.
- Everything I want is coming.
- Wouldn’t it be nice if…[enter thing that would be nice]?
- I am in control [of my life/my thoughts].
- I’ll make today ridiculously amazing.
- I am my own superhero!
- Thank you.
I personally have had a phase where I just thought “I love you” all the time. Very random, but it worked. I didn’t just ‘think it’ to myself and the people that I love, but to everything and nothing in particular. It put me in a very good place; being in a love-vibe is good for a person. I now think a lot of my “I am my own champion” and “I am my own superhero” stuff to myself. Sometimes I need it for motivational purposes, but most of the time it just makes me feel happy and powerful, and it gets me into action!
Think of these catchphrases as party decorations: You’re decorating the insides of your mind with them.
Just choose a couple you like, and whenever you remember to, think them. Repeatedly. Maybe even 20 times in a row, as if you’re doing mental push-ups! Alternate, mix and match, and be sure to use the phrases that feel good and natural to you. Do you have any positive thinking catchphrases you would let me and other readers borrow? I love new party decorations. 😉 Let me know!