What’s a note to self? It’s something you kinda know, but you don’t always ‘really’ know it. You know?
You sometimes need to be reminded of it. By yourself, often. These are notes to self you can write as a friendly reminder.
1) Don’t run to the bathroom. No matter how busy you are, no matter how little time you have between meetings. To ANY bystander, it will look like you are about to pee your pants or have diarrhea. Not a good look. Don’t do it.
2) Slacking off feels so much better after being productive. Seriously, you will enjoy it a million times more. Work first, play/slack later.
3) If you need help with being productive, how about this EPIC movie soundtrack list that makes you get shit done. Next to techno, this type of music works WONDERS for me. It has Harry Potter, Sherlock and the Lion King music in it.
(The last one made me burst out in tears while writing and giving Manfriend the scare of his life.)
4) The most powerful response to someone telling you they think you’re a bitch, that you don’t deserve what you have or that you think you are [enter uninteresting negative adjective here]?
Don’t fuel it. You think I am a certain way. Okay. Doesn’t mean I think you’re right. It means I’m okay with you thinking that.
5) You know that moment where you grab your phone while you were doing something? Yeah. That moment means that you’re bored with the first activity. And that if you can, you should stop. Stop and go do something else. (For me this happens during the second episode of anything and during the third episode of House of Cards, which I think is AMAZING)
6) One of the ways to stay happy is to stay close to yourself. Cuddle up to yourself.Hang out with your own soul. Embrace your thoughts and feelings. It helps you stay whole, and I believe this is good for you.
7) A great way to feel confident is by assuming you will get your way, with the bonus clause that if you don’t, you’ll figure out a way to make the alternative work for you. I’m terrible like that. I just assume things go my way, and if they don’t? Who cares! I’m a big girl. I’ll figure it out.
8) Want to look confident while you walk? Strengthen your core, bring shoulders down, make your neck long and stride while thinking the word “MURDER.” Source: Walk Like a Queen by Charlize Theron.
9) Be kind to little girls. You could be a rolemodel without you even knowing. You might be someone they look up to and you being nice to them could really influence the way they look at the world, themselves and other women. So be friendly to the young girls you meet. This way they learn that other women are not the enemy.
10) You’re not as good as you think you are and you’re better than you think you are. The first sentence is a reminder to stay humble and continue to relentlessly work on whatever I want to do. The second sentence is to keep me happy and motivated to keep going. Weird, but I need the duality.
What is YOUR main note-to-self? Let me know in the comments, I wonder what you need to keep reminding yourself of. Cheers!