I got an interesting e-mail from a guy who asked me if I could help him win the lottery with the Law of Attraction. Allow me to come right out and say it: No. Non. Njet. Nein. I think trying to win the lottery with the Law of Attraction is going out expecting to catch a great blue whale with your little wee fishing rod.
Your ability to manifest is like the fishing rod: You can definitely catch most swimming things out there with the Law of Attraction. I believe when you practice with the Law of Attraction, your fishing skills get real good real fast and you’ll be catching some big fishes. But manifesting a lottery win is one of those things that I don’t think is ever going to work. Bummer, I know: You could have really used that money!
What a lot of people fail to take into account that the theory of the Law of Attraction might be simple, there can be (and often is) lot of complexity in putting it to practice to really get what you want. Not in all areas, gratitude after all is pretty simple. But I think winning the lottery is about the most impossible thing to manifest with the Law of Attraction. Not because the Law of Attraction is wrong or doesn’t work, but because of the following problems. Here goes.
- Unless you’re a Law of Attraction Savant (or maybe horribly delusional?), your conscious mind will protest. Loudly. Because it knows statistics and the idea of how small the chance of you really winning is. You have 1 thought that says “I Am Going To Win The Lottery”, that is going to get buried under a hundred “Yeah Rights” from the rest of your brain.
- Your subconscious won’t buy into it either. Every impression you’ve ever had is in there, and unless you have known about a hundred lottery winners throughout life, your subconscious thinks the chances are statistically hilariously small too. So. 1 thought that says ‘yes it will happen’ and a hundred in your conscious and a million in your subconscious are saying ‘no it won’t. Guess which side wins.
- I don’t believe you can shut either two (conscious and subconscious) up, nor turn them off. Sorry, they are a part of you you have to work with or around when manifesting!
- Manifesting money by lottery winning consists of two problems. One, you are cutting out ALL the other possibilities of you getting that money from other places (and that’s A LOT) and two, there is no energy behind the intention coming from you. Because you can’t really do anything. There is no action you can execute or energy you can invest. You just have to sit here and wait, lottery ticket in hand. Nothing changes.
- Therefore in my eyes, trying to manifest money by winning the lottery is right up there with “I want to lose 20 pounds and have a six pack by sitting on the couch all day”. Your brain doesn’t buy into it, plus you give no effort or energy. And honey, if there is no real belief or positive energy, the Universe doesn’t have anything to work with.
- The more realistic and detailed your visualization, the higher the chance you will actually get it. But you have no idea how to deal with all that money. There is no way you have reality in sight when you say this lottery-winning statement. “No chance comes in isolation.” Everything would change if you would get that money, but fact is you probably just set the money-receiving attention without any further thought in how it would work in reality. Have you thought of the details and consequences, when you get that filthy rich overnight? The effect it will have on EVERYTHING? From the hassle with bank, tax and bookkeepers to the weird social situations of losing friends that are jealous and gaining insincere posers sniffing around you, The New Millionaire? I don’t think I could even fathom all that. Could you?
- You create a powerless relationship with money, because by putting your eggs in the lottery basket you can’t do anything which reinforces that idea. Things are not in your control. Money is not in your control. You don’t have power over your financial state. You have no say or part in it, you have to sit and wait for the Universe to come and give you your money.
- It is way better to either say “I want to be more financially abundant”, “I want to make more money” “I want to receive a million dollars” (without cramping the Universe’s style with specifics — it’s perfectly fine to want to receive!) That way you can see the financial perks, bonuses and unexpected opportunities and celebrate those, instead of having tunnel vision. Because that is what’s happening my friend. Who knows what financial opportunities are jumping around you while you ignore them and look at some chance game.
- There is nothing wrong with financial goals. You can make intention statements like “I want to make a million dollars”. Or twenty thousand dollars. Or two thousands. Something you really believe you could pull off works best. You can manifest if you believe it’s realistic, if you have control over it and if you let it inspire your actions. With this statement you can put your energy in that yourself and inject that intention with positive action and energy every single time you do something for it. The more energy it gets the easier it will manifest.
So yeah. Just my two cents about lottery winning and the Law of Attraction. I’m sorry if I further ruined your notion you can win the lottery by using the Law of Attraction, but I just hope I at least offered some helpful alternatives to manifesting abundance. Kisses.