Quick Announcement No. 1: Self Help Summer School of 2012 has filled up! I’m no longer taking submissions. But don’t hang your head! Rest assured there’ll be a next one you can race towards to sign up when the time comes!
Quick Announcement No. 2: I’ll be alerting the Full Scholarship & the Half-Price Scholarship winners on Friday!
It has been a great year. Yesterday was my final day with my dear, dear Psychology students: I felt more sentimental than I care to admit. They were simply awesome, and I am going to miss them. More than that, I was going to miss teaching so, so much! I didn’t want to not-teach for the upcoming two months. Which is why: I decided to not not-teach for the upcoming two months. You feel me?
Anyone who is in school or college: Now that you’ve got some more free time on your hands, how about doing something meaningful, inspiring and fun the upcoming month? Something that focused on you and how your life can become even more spectacular?
Those of you who work, why not boost yourself with some additional fun, inspiration to your everyday life? A reminder everyday of really taking care of yourself on deeper levels, plus fun ideas and ways you can use for growth and self-development?
I’m going to be offering a unique, never-seen-before, limited seat, completely Self Help Hipster-approved Course for the entire month of July. Four full weeks of my undivided attention for a maximum of 20 people for the first Self Help Summer School ever.
What will the course entail:
- Unique content specifically written for this course by me each week. It will not be featured on the website and it will contain everything I have to offer: Spiritual uplifting, thoughts for motivation, information and knowledge about self-development and slightly inappropriate jokes here and there.
- Assignments specifically designed to fit. We’re all unique people with different lives who want to work on different areas, so I intend to make that a part of the curriculum on top of the general assignments.
- Individual feedback and your preferences taken in mind. You can take this as more of a relaxed, read-only type course or you can pretend I’m your super-strict Russian Coach when it comes to Self Help. Whatever you prefer, I’m fine with. And whenever you hand in your assignments, I will give you feedback and extra tips: The more work you put into the course, the more I am going to put into it for you.
- Sneak peeks of my upcoming e-books. Just for this one, you should join.
- You’ll receive the content, the assignments and my feedback on Mondays and Fridays. Something to look forward to both before and after the weekend!
- Personal contact. I’ll be available on Skype certain hours where we can talk or videochat if you have any questions or need some advice. I promise lots of love and support, goofing around but taking you seriously and a zero-bullshit tolerance.
- Personal contact. IN REAL LIFE. I’ll be at an easily accessible location in Rotterdam or The Hague each week for a four-hour period where you can simply drop in and talk to me. When I met Essia, she wrote me afterwards how she was extra inspired after meeting me in person. I don’t know if that goes for anyone, but even if it doesn’t I’m still kind of nice and easy to talk to. You can ask me anything and even if you just want to come over and have a chat: will be fun!
- Self Development in general, and how you would like to work on that in your own life. I’ll be drafting up general content to help you figure out what you want, what you’d like to be and what things you’d like to learn and develop to become the best you could possibly be. We can delve deeper when we work on your specifics with individual assignments.
- Health. Because the war between brownies and green juce is still raging, while we could live at peace with both. I’d like to include this area and help you on your journey towards a healthy lifestyle with the foods you love to eat and the exercise you love to do. Keywords here are balance, experience and forgiveness.
- And of course…the Law of Attraction. I intend to train you into little Law of Attraction Athletes this month with exercises, theory and lots of tips and tricks!
Now, I really wanted to keep it affordable and I think that I did. I know I have plenty of younger readers too and some of you might be reluctant to pay for my material. So think about this: I’ll basically be working for you for a less than 10 euros a week.
For this fee, I’m going to be delivering you special content, helping you and giving you the utmost of my support and attention, both on-line as personal. This is a month of training and teaching by me: It costs you just as much as some one-day workshops cost you, how much an ASOS dress would set you back financially or what you would pay for two Moleskines in the bookstore.
I can promise you I’m worth it. More than that, I can promise you you’re worth it. If you think so too, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can sign you up for a month of ultimate self-care and include you in the Summer School Class of 2012. (Obviously) I’m taking submissions until (and on) Sunday so we can all start together on Monday!
But…What about giving away two scholarschips? I am giving away one membership for free, and one with a 50% discount, meaning it will only cost you 17,50 to enroll in Self Help Summer School this season! All you have to do is tell me in the comments why you would want to enroll in Self Help Summer School and I’ll announce the two winners on Sunday the 1st! (If you only want to win the free one, please state that in the comments too so I can include or exclude you for the 50% one!)
I’m very excited. Combining teaching with self-help is basically like Ben&Jerry’s Cookie Dough ice cream to me: Putting together two things I love more than anything else in the world to create something awesome. Hope to see you ‘in class’!