Good morning! I felt like sharing some of my not-so-secret Beauty Secrets on this beautiful Sunday. Nothing that will rock your world probably, but I’ll try to rock your world another time in other ways okay? Okay, that came out wrong. But you know what I mean. Enjoy!
- There is no beauty product that has such a spectacular effect on my hair as cold water does. I always, always, always rinse my hair with cold water after I wash it and it’s instantly shiny and soft. It’s worth the fifteen seconds of shivering!
- I use coconut oil for everything. I use it as a hair mask every now and then (takes two to three washings to get rid of everything though, make no mistake), as body lotion when my skin is dry and when my face needs a pick me up, I slather it in coconut oil before I go to bed. It may not be for everyone as I’ve heard some people experience break-outs because of coconut oil, but for my skin it’s a miracle worker.
- All I do with my hair is spray in a little John Frieda Volume Spray, let it dry naturally and then spray in some dry shampoo: It gives my hair a little extra messy ‘oomph’ or you know, the Hurricane Hair I really like.
- On the voluminous, oomphy note, the best shampoo I’ve ever found for that is the Lush Coconut shampoo bar. Nothing else has ever come close!
- I love love love Rituals body stuff. If I use one of their body butters I don’t wear perfume because the scent is enough for the day. My favorite is the one with rice blossom and jasmine.
- I wash my face with cold water and one of those creepy dark Lush soap bars that makes my face all black, both in the morning and at night. Good way to wake up and has helped my skin.
- When my skin is not at its best, I occasionally also remedy it by rubbing Vitamin E Oil on my face before going to bed.
- My signature scent is Jil Sander’s Eve, although I’ve recently made a few exceptions for Chanel’s Mademoiselle, which I also really like.
- Almost all the eyeshadows I have and use have sparkles in them. I’m like that fish in Nemo with the bubbles, except with SPARKLES.
- Most of the make-up I use is Chanel. I wrote why in this post.
- But I got two Sisley lipsticks that are rocking my world as of late: Perfect colors (one very neutral, one very red), soft, smell nice (is it weird that I care about that?) and stay on for at least half a day, especially the red one.
- I like to take care of my appearance because it makes me feel good. Some days I just cover the basics, other days I feel like putting in a little extra effort, just for the heck of it. In this article, I explain why.
And that’s that, folks. Go out and enjoy this amazing (and unexpected) weather! Cheers!