I don’t know too much about fashion and beauty, but hey, I dress myself in the mirror (SUCH an accomplishment) and am able to put on make-up without too much of a kid-with-mommy’s-lipstick vibe. I think it’s good to take care of how you look and I believe it can really benefit you if you do. It’s important, as I wrote in this previous article. So here. Some fashion&beauty stuff with a self help twist.
- Dress to kill every morning. First of all, because you deserve to look your best. Second, because you inject yourself with a major dose of self love every morning and that’s good for the soul. And finally, because if you do this, you’re basically telling yourself you’re going to have a spectacular day. Dress for the unexpected and awesome, and it probably will come. The Universe doesn’t want a good outfit going to waste either.
- Speaking of, I don’t think a good outfit is ever wasted. You’re in it, right? You’re the one who has to look down on it all day, you’re the one who sees it in the mirrors, it’s always in your sight. It should be something to enjoy – for you!
- Wear red lipstick. There is gorgeous color out there for everyone and it has been non-scientifically proven by me and most of my girlfriends that it makes you feel fabulous.
- Your hands are often the first thing that come into view, it’s one of those notice points for other people. Especially if you’re like me and talk like you’re an air traffic controller on the side, your hands are in sight a lot. Soft hands with pretty nails are a good first impression.
- No longer randomly buy whatever shirt you kinda-sorta like. No more of it, I say: You’ll end up with a kinda-sorta closet and that’s not what you want it to be, now do you? You should have a closet that is you. And gorgeous. And makes you feel amazing. Not because the items are expensive or brand-named, but because of how the clothes make you feel. I have 10$ shirts that make me feel like I’m on top of the world and I have had 50$ shirts that were just making me feel ‘meh’. Notice how clothes make you feel. You should buy items that make you feel like your best possible self and most like yourself.
- Same goes for make-up, I think (and the more I think of it pretty much for all things in life!)
And that’s about all I got. I have some, but definitely not a lot!
Now if you want someone to watch (I suspect she could do epically in the fashion blog scene if we give it a little time) Mary Josie’s new blog. She’s my best friend’s sister and I covet almost every single one of her outfits: One of the most stylish girls in real life I have ever seen. I’m so happy she started a blog. Now all I need to go do is
kidnap convince her to be part of my styling team.
Also, Magazijn is out and it’s drop dead gorgeous again, with great content. Feature of yours truly about Intuition&Invisible Things In Life on page48-49, go check it out.
Have a great day guys, I’m off to the spa with my mom. I always feel superawkward the first 20 minutes and then I relax and enjoy all the steamrooms and saunas. You can check out my two sauna faces here.