So I was thinking what would be a perfect exercise for an easy Sunday morning, and I instantly knew THIS was it. It’s one of those fun no-harm-no-foul type things that’s perfect when it’s rainy outside and (hopefully) warm and cosy inside. Take a look.
I’ve done this exercise before. When I was like, hardcore positive and into the Law of Attraction stuff. I’m still positive, but not as hardcore about either positivity or Law of Attraction stuff anymore, but I still love this LoA Trick.
…Did I get everything I want? LOL, nope. If I had I would have made a bigger deal about it for sure.
But I got enough. Moreover, I was triggered to spent some more attention on the things I hadn’t gotten yet so that they did become mine. And as I’ve mentioned before…So what I didn’t get everything? So what (gasp) it isn’t an exact science? I had fun making a list of things I wanted, it focused my focus on what I still wanted in life and when I re-read the list I had a nice moment of contemplation and gratitude.
So what’s this exercise I speak of? THE TREASURE CHEST TECHNIQUE!
What you need:
- Either a shoe box, a little chest or just a big envelope to put everything in.
- Note sheets, little envelopes to put these lists in in optional.
- A pen. You know, for writing.
What you’re going to do:
- Write down what you want to do/have/achieve/be/feel within six months or a year. For example, maybe you want to travel to South-America next summer. Maybe you want to finally get your Master’s Degree. Maybe you want to be fitter. Or maybe you want to experience a great sense of freedom. You can make one giant list of things you want or you can divide it into different subjects and write down statements.
- I personally work with separate lists for different life categories, and I don’t work with the “I’m so happy I now have …”-format. I haven’t done that in a very long time, because for me, the construction of that sentence actually points out not having something. This is different for everyone, so do whatever feels right to you. I just write down the items, activities or states like grocery lists.
- Re-read them. Relish in the feeling of excitement of potentially getting these things.
- Now put them in the envelope/shoe box/treasure chest and put it away. As from the earlier article: “[And] now, you just go live your life. By putting it away, you send off a signal that you trust the Universe to take care of it. You don’t set a deadline or any other limit, you don’t obsess. You just let it go (and therefore hopefully let it happen.)”
- Go do something fun. Yes, it’s a required part of the exercise.
Items on my lists include: A new job (Work), having a positive connection with readers, coworkers and strangers (Relationships), great energy and focus (Health) and finally, Eau de Sisley 2 eau de toilette* and a Boy London Sweatshirt (Clothes and Beauty Stuff).
Tell me some of the things you’d like to have in your life within a year or so in the comments below, I’d love to read what you want! On top of that, have a lovely Sunday. I’m going to continue writing with some orange juice and coffee nearby. Bye, babies.
(If you have a little trouble with unrealistic manifesting-requests you might want to write down in your lists, click (the surprisingly short) article I’ve written on that here.)
*It’s a very…weird perfume that I’ve been obsessed with for over a year. I should go buy it but the approximate times of me being in a drugstore/perfumery (for myself) have been zero this year.